This blog post is to reflect on my journey as we are about halfway through the summer....crazy to believe!
So far this summer has been truly an incredible experience. It has been a stressful one, but one that I am extremely proud of where we have come from and where we will still go for the rest of the summer. Honestly this experience has really made me understand community needs and figuring out how to fill them and loving the business side of a daycare/summer day camp.
We have achieved so many great things while allowing the children to have an amazing time building relationships and having a great summer.
We have gone on field trips daily, received a grant, went through a new director change, added new staff, and added many new families. We are constantly working to better out program with the community idea in mind.
I can not wait for the rest of the summer, but it also makes me sad to be closer to being done because even though I am working so much, I am thoroughly enjoying this entire experience.
I think it's so cool that you have grown in your understanding of community needs. This has such important implications for that "business side" you talk about as well. Needs ought to drive the business; unfortunately, it is too often that business determines the needs of the community.
ReplyDelete